Re: 3.2 transition

#include <hallo.h>
Anthony Towns wrote on Tue Dec 17, 2002 um 09:00:32PM:

> Before we spend time, effort or imagination on this, there needs to be
> some evidence that it'll actually benefit people.

Well, how did other distribution manage this situation? Anyone tracking their
changes and willing to make an overview?

My best ideas was: create a wrapper for LD_LIBRARY_PATH hackery, call it
oldcompat-c++, provide compatibility packages for all old libs, where the
files are stored elsewhere.

Tell everybody to use this wrapper explicitely for every self-compiled
application.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.