Re: [desktop] foomatic-gui is born

On Nov 27, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> It would be good if we had a standard way of doing that... I talked to
> walters about this some weeks ago, and he suggested it would be a good
> thing to merge xsu, gnome-sudo and gksu (maybe others?).
>
> I'm willing to work towards this, and I think it would be good to
> create some policy for that, probably modify the su-to-root script
> to use a "graphical su" alternative if $DISPLAY is set...

That sounds like a good idea.  It would be nice to also have the GNOME
Setup Tools option of 'proceed as current user' as a standard option
that could be enabled if needed.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765