Re: [desktop] foomatic-gui is born

On Nov 26, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 19:42, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > After about 10 hours of me pulling my hair out due to the complete and
> > utter lack of documentation for GNOME2 and its Python bindings, I have
> > produced "foomatic-gui".
>
> Nifty.  I tried to make-go it, but I got:
>
> walters@space-ghost> ./foomatic-gui
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./foomatic-gui", line 23, in ?
>     import gtk.glade, gobject, gnome, bonobo.ui, gnome.ui, pango
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/bonobo/__init__.py", line 5, in ?
>     import activation
> ImportError: No module named activation

The module should be:
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/bonobo/activationmodule.so

It seems to be in the python2.2-gnome2 package, at least on my system.

> > There's nothing inherently Debian-specific about it, although the
> > detect.py module is probably a bit Linux-centric.
>
> BTW, would it make sense to have this be part of the GNOME System Tools?

Maybe, although GNOME System Tools is perl-based, so I'm not entirely
sure it's a good idea from a dependency standpoint.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765