Re: [desktop] foomatic-gui is born

On Nov 27, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
>   And why not use GST backends instead of rewriting them? They can be
>   get as an independent module from GNOME CVS. Perhaps I should package
>   them separately to show that they're not stuck with GNOME System
>   Tools, so they can also be used to write a KDE frontend. I do't like
>   to see so much people reinventing the wheel. GST also needs an util
>   for configuring the printers, so any help will be welcomed. And, FYI,
>   current GST developers are using Debian for its development, so we
>   have a lot of "power" among them ;)

At least in the case of foomatic-gui, the backend is pretty universal;
all it needs are foomatic-printjob and foomatic-configure in the path
(although it does need to reload CUPS if it's not in the path; CUPS
dumps raw PostScript to a new printer until it's reloaded :-/).

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765