[desktop] foomatic-gui is born

After about 10 hours of me pulling my hair out due to the complete and
utter lack of documentation for GNOME2 and its Python bindings, I have
produced "foomatic-gui".  It does some rudimentary autodetection
(click on "Add", make sure you have parport_pc or the kernel USB
printer driver loaded, choose the interface, click "Forward" a lot).

Download URL: http://blog.lordsutch.com/foomatic-gui-0.1.tar.gz
(probably not permanent).

License: GPL.

Probable future features/TODO:

- Packaging as a .deb
- Use GtkHTML (or whatever it's called) to render add foomatic
  database info for printers and drivers in the druid.
- Better error handling
- i18n; the code is marked, it just needs to actually have the po
  stuff run on it.
- Managing instances for CUPS
- A proper test page (instead of swiping the one from CUPS)

There's nothing inherently Debian-specific about it, although the
detect.py module is probably a bit Linux-centric.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> - http://blog.lordsutch.com/