Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:38:39 +0100
Emile van Bergen <emile-deb@evbergen.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:14:32PM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
>
> > I think debian is stagnating technically and that our social structure
> > is the cause of it.
>
> I think Debian is great technically, in a lot of respects, and that
> Debian's social structure plays a very significant role in achieving
> that.

Im not saying debian is bad technically, but there will always be room for
improvement, if we dont evolve as fast as other distro's then its just a
matter of time untill we are overtaken.

> So, who is right? What about some facts to back your inflammatory
> statement?

Gentoo's growth is a sign that they are doing something right, if we cant
even recognise that fact then its pointless continuing this conversation.

Glenn