Re: Planned packages for sarge

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, <marant.logatique@fr.thalesgroup.com> wrote:

>   Are there any goals about size? The single floppy goal seems
>   quite difficult to achieve.

Well, it certainly does not seem out of reach.

>   Are you planning something around graphical frontend for
>   installation?

Well, "planning" is a strong word. The front-end interface for cdebconf
is semi-documented (I started to, but there are still gaps), but basically
you could start writing a graphical front-end, yes.

>   I also would love to see a kickstart-like mecanism ...

I don't think this is beyond hope, it would mostly mean a udeb containing
default answer or something.  Again, the d-i team has limited man power, but
certainly people are welcome to join and do their own fetish -- the CVS is
there, and (as I found out) help is very welcome and much thanked.