Re: Clarification of WineX packaging request

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 10:26:27AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> If you yourself share this opinion of Transgaming's copy protection
> support, on behalf of which developers are you speaking here?  I would
> also have assumed that this position follows from the Social Contract.

I don't believe I made any statements about my opinions regarding copy
protection in this thread.

> Even if you believe that copyright protection for software is good (as
> many DDs do), it's hard for me to reconcile supporting the Social
> Contract with the position that copy protection is a reasonable means
> of copyright enforcement.

We're talking about Transgaming's bogus pseudo-free license.  What does that
have to do with copy protection?

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>