Re: Clarification of WineX packaging request

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 02:27:13AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> writes:
>
> > * Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net> [020527 03:24]:
> > > Last I checked, Debian was quite against copy-protection and other such
> > > things by its very charter.
> >
> > The winex sources doesn't include those bits.
>
> Yes, but the nasty folks said that they have to be nasty about WineX
> in order to protect copy-protection and other such things for third
> parties.

Don't get me wrong, I think what Transgaming is doing is totally bogus.  I am
not defending them in any way.  I would just rather not see people projecting
their personal opinions onto Debian, especially when not everyone in the
organization shares those particular opinions.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>