Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

> I presume by that you mean Linux is incapable of this; if so, you're
> misled. Here's an implementation of it:

No, it isn't - in fact, I filed a bug report on that particular
aspect.  Namely, cfs needs root [mostly because it subverts NFS in
order to talk to the kernel] so it does *not* let a user set it up "on
their own".

Of course, linux does have *other* interfaces that can be used for
this -- but as far as I know, noone's actually *done* it, CFS
certainly hasn't.  (You'd also need a way to permit nosuid mounts for
any user [only over directories the user owns], but I'm pretty sure
you can arrange that, even without using am-utils...)