Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 12:32:00AM -0400, Mark Eichin wrote:
> > I presume by that you mean Linux is incapable of this; if so, you're
> > misled. Here's an implementation of it:
>
> No, it isn't - in fact, I filed a bug report on that particular
> aspect.  Namely, cfs needs root [mostly because it subverts NFS in
> order to talk to the kernel] so it does *not* let a user set it up "on
> their own".

Nor does the hurd, since you need root to install that too. Argument
invalid (and rather silly). No user ever does anything without the
permission of the sysadmin (be that logging in, running binaries, or
whatever).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK