Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:28:36AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 03:18:45PM +0200, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> > On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:54:00PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > > No, at least my philosophy is "you do something the right way or you
> > > don't do it at all". But we already have ripped the Linux TCP/IP stack
> >
> > For some reason, you also seem to believe that _everyone_ should think
> > that your solution is the right way.
> > So, it's your way or no way.
>
> No, that's the other side of the argument. The "no host-based firewall"
> side still allows external firewalls, disconnected operation, security

I was talking about Jeroens philosophy actually and it was kind of
off-topic. I haven't really payed much attention to this host-based
firewall discussion.

Ohh, and btw, host-based firewalling is a good thing. I wouldn't walk
around with my laptop to all unknown locations running a development (as
in unstable) system w/o it.
Deny all new incoming (except on open ports) / accept all outgoing.

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228