Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

> Firewalling tools are provided with the Debian system.
>
> Firewalling tools are not available for Debian GNU/Hurd.
>
> Debian GNU/Hurd will not be released until they are available.

I think that it is foolish to insist on this.  Router firewalling
tools, for example, are not necessary unless the Hurd has router
forwarding capacity--which it does not, and is such a low priority we
might never have it.

Similarly, we might have a totally different way of getting whatever
security benefits accrue to host-based firewalling.  I have no idea!
But that's the point.  Whether a particular feature is necessary
depends on the whole context.