Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 07:33:54PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:
> > I would have thought so to. But there are a number of people who seem to
> > argue that. I know you're trying to play peacemaker, but everyone does
> > *not* seem to be on the same page.
>
> I think you are trying to stir up flame wars, actually.

In this case, no. I already expressed my concerns about the hurd
community's view of Debian. You can't speak for the whole community, and
enough other people have said things to damage the Debian/Hurd
relationship that the gap is not easily papered over. Yes there are hurd
people who genuinely want to be part of debian, but there are a lot of
fairly vocal others who don't. Maybe Jeroen really will create his own
project so there will be a relief valve and people won't feel like
they're being forced into debian if they want to run the hurd.

--
Mike Stone