Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:45:19AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:13:22AM +0200, Rune B. Broberg wrote:
> > Or if the Hurd forks, I presume
>
> Interesting thought, although I am not exactly sure what this would mean.

You seem to asume that the Hurd will be the only operating system to use
these "translators", and thus want to use a directory named after the
Hurd, whereas I think there might be other implementations of this at
some point, and I'd rather have a directory/place for translators that's
a little more general than /hurd.

I hope this clears up what I meant ...

--
Rune B. Broberg