Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:04:06PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> You can't speak for the whole community, and enough other people have
> said things to damage the Debian/Hurd relationship that the gap is not
> easily papered over.

This sounds to me like an attempt at self-fulfilling prophecy.

So there was a flamewar.  Big deal.  They happen all the time around
here.  I've seen many with far more vicious personal attacks and
invective.  This one has been relatively tame by comparison, so it would
be startlingly convenient if some people suddenly developed onion-skin.
If someone is going to let the recent arguments cloud their objectivity
about the merits of the Hurd, Debian's port to the Hurd, Policy
proposals, the breadth of applicability of the FHS, criteria for
approving new packages into the distribution, or anything else, they
need to recuse themsleves from participating in our Project until they
calm down.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     reading the Bible cover to cover.