Re: Debian is slower than time (was: adrian's 2.4.x packages)

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 07:31:16PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> martin f krafft wrote:
> > which is a little ridiculous i find. i am wondering if debian wants my
> > energy as a contributor, or if i want to be a debian developer. kind
> > of reminds me of the donations process that i just walked someone
> > through. it's more like someone has to work to donate to debian, not
> > like debian wants them to donate and helps.
> That's just FUD.

Especially considering martin applied just a week ago, and only got an
advocate the other day. It seems a bit premature to already be bitching
about how horribly long all this takes.

And yes, if you want to be able to donate directly to Debian (by uploading
packages), you *do* have to work: you absolutely *have* to prove to
our satisfaction that you're capable of handling the responsibility
that goes with being able to upload any package in the distribution
completely unsupervised.

> If you want something done, do it.  That's how Free Software works.

Amen, brutha.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/