Re: Debian is slower than time (was: adrian's 2.4.x packages)

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> [2002.01.29.2048 +0100]:
> > The problem with the NM process is that it's likely to take longer than
> > the woody release process.  I'm only half joking.
>
> which is a little ridiculous i find. i am wondering if debian wants my
> energy as a contributor, or if i want to be a debian developer. kind
> of reminds me of the donations process that i just walked someone
> through. it's more like someone has to work to donate to debian, not
> like debian wants them to donate and helps.

That's just FUD.

Please *ALWAYS* keep in mind that Debian is a free and (more or less)
open project of vulunteers.  Volunteers are people who work on topics
they consider important and useful.  If nobody considers RC bugs a
problem, they will only fixed slowly.  If nobody cares about stable,
there won't be updated stable revisions.  If nobody cares about
security, there won't be updated packages in stable or unstable.  And
if nobody cares about donations from any place of the world, there
won't be a facility to easily donate money.

If you want something done, do it.  That's how Free Software works.
Making proposals are not worth the bits they wasted.  Don't compare
the Free Software community with a company where people can be forced
to work on things.  This is not possible with volunteers.

Oh, and btw. bitching usually speeds things up in with negative sign.
Private reminders and kind discussions may work out better.  (just to
prevent people starting this game...)

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto