Re: Two suggestions for woody release

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:

> Since apt is not Debian-specific, it's reasonable to not want a
> Debian-specific preferences file shipped by default.  Rather, the file
> should probably be provided by some other component of the Debian
> installer, IMHO.  I don't know which package this would be, however.

I don't have any particular reason to say what package it should be
in.  My complaint about the status quo is relevent, however, for as
long as nobody thinks it belongs in *their* part of the system.

The apt maintainer thinks it should not be in the apt package.

If it is added only to the Debian installer, then people who upgrade
(rather than reinstall) will probably never get it, and that's not
adequate.