Re: Two suggestions for woody release

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:41:48PM -0800, "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@becket.net> was heard to say:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:
>
> > Yes, of course there's apt pin support, but the people we're most
> > concerned about not accidentally running unstable are the ones least
> > capable of figuring out pin support on their own.  So for Thomas's idea
> > to work, there needs to be either an easy interface to allow users to
> > configure this functionality, or a failsafe pin config that does what's
> > needed.  I agree though that as far as raw apt functionality is
> > concerned, we seem to already be where we need to be.
>
> My idea works fine with pinning, as long as the config files that the
> apt package automatically sets up DTRT.

  Perhaps it should require an act of will to start automatically using
unstable.  Isn't there a way for Release files to set a default pin or
something?  (I seem to remember that experimental is not the default
target by default)

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                        After the game, the king and                         |