Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

[ Miles Bader writes ]
> Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> writes:
> > Which reminds me, why doesn't this list just set:
> >  reply-to: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
>
> Because it's completely wrong.
>
> Doing so takes the choice of who to reply to (the sender or the list)
> out of the hands of the reader [at least without annoying manual editing
> of addresses].

As opposed to the current scheme, which also requires "annoying manual
editing of addresses" to reply to the list, if your mailreader does the
reasonable thing and assumes you want to reply to the original sender of
the message, in liu of a reply-to header.

A comparison:

Your message came to me with the following headers of interest: