Re: Unstable X can't find font "fixed" dies immediately.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:55:08AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Even the version 3 X servers needed to be able to find the "fixed" font
> to start.
>
> I remain puzzled how you operated a local X server without:
>
> 1) using a remote font server to get the "fixed" font; or
> 2) having xfonts-base installed; or
> 3) having some X fonts on your system that weren't under the control of
> the packaging system

Well, I guess the old xfonts-base got removed by apt, but somehow didn't
get replaced.

Oh well, if it happens again I'll be more careful to work out how. At
the time I was happy just to make it work (was in a bit of a hurry).

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
What happened last night can happen again.