Re: Unstable X can't find font "fixed" dies immediately.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 09:55:23AM +0100, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:55:08AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > I remain puzzled how you operated a local X server without:
> >
> > 1) using a remote font server to get the "fixed" font; or
> > 2) having xfonts-base installed; or
> > 3) having some X fonts on your system that weren't under the control of
> > the packaging system
>
> Well, I guess the old xfonts-base got removed by apt, but somehow didn't
> get replaced.

It's pretty hard to manage this if you have the x-window-system or
x-window-system-core metapackages installed.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit