Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 10:36:16AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> On 30/09/01, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 06:56:00PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > > for this purpose. So instead of sending in a patch, I would stop
> > > installing debian on any machine that should be a nameserver and switch
> > > to an os, where either I get a chrooted bind by default or directly can
> > > build a chroot manually.
>
> > You implied that you couldn't build a manual chroot for bind on Debian.
>
> May I ask why you oversee the last part of the sentence you were
> quoting? There I stated "directly can build a chroot manually.". So

Huh? You said you would switch to an OS that allowed you to build
a chroot for bind manually, implying that this is not possible on
Debian.

I think you're being absurd. A bind package which requires 2.4
for automatic chroot is better than one which has no automatic
chroot at all, isn't it? Why is it unreasonable to expect people
to be using 2.4 on their name servers?

Hamish