Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On 29/09/01 Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 29-Sep-01, 05:37 (CDT), Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> wrote:
> > No. If the bind debian package will only support chroot by using mount
> > --bind, I will not send in a patch. Especially since like previously
> > stated in this discussion it's fairly easy to chroot bind this days and
> > I don't see any need for depending on kernel 2.4.x features like 2.4.x
> > for this purpose. So instead of sending in a patch, I would stop
> > installing debian on any machine that should be a nameserver and switch
> > to an os, where either I get a chrooted bind by default or directly can
> > build a chroot manually.

> Are you still claiming that you *can't* build a manual chroot bind starting
> with Debian's bind package? Or are saying:

Where did I make that statement? Would you please reread my mails before
making wrong assumptions? I'm able to build a bind chroot manually and
I'm not depending on debian for this, but also on other distributions or
os.

> Debian with manual chroot bind == bad.
> Other distribution with manual chroot bind == okay.

Idiot. Sorry, but where exactly did I write that? If you are not able to
parse my messages correctly, then don't try to make wrong assumptions. I
sayed that it would be bad if debian would only support a bind chroot
via mount --bind and not an alternative for people running a 2.2.x
kernel.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)