Re: default font resolution in X Windows

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:37:59PM +0200, Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:
> On Sep/20/2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > Because of the popularity of 17" and larger monitors, and the fact that
> > the dpi's actually in use are closer to 100dpi than 75dpi these days.
>
> 	So, am I the only one that even in 17" monitors uses 75dpi fonts?

Come on guys, it's a configuration choice. Change it and go on with your
life. It's against Debian's Social Contract to use our proprietary
Read Your Mind technology, so we have to pick a default, and 100dpi is it.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
When the aliens come, when the deathrays hum, when the bombers bomb,