discrepancy in ISO 3166-1 country codes

Hello,

Since your organization is the official authority for maitaining and ISO
country codes, I extensively used your page http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/ for
the last, in need of a list of ISO 3166 country codes.

The page web claims to list the ISO country codes as used in the Internet.

I note that you list United Kingdom as GB although the TLD for United Kingdom,
as everyone knows is UK.

Can you in some way explain or justify this ?

Thanks.
--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT     "Oh My God! They killed init! You Bastards!"
			--from a /. post