Re: default font resolution in X Windows

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 06:10:44PM +0200, Matthias Berse wrote:
> Anyway, could you, Branden point out, or give me a pointer to, why
> this change happened from using 75dpi to 100dpi? I just want a good
> reason to give to all those people, who tell me the fontsize sucks.

Because of the popularity of 17" and larger monitors, and the fact that
the dpi's actually in use are closer to 100dpi than 75dpi these days.

It's not 1990 anymore.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The errors of great men are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    venerable because they are more