Re: A language by any other name

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 04:37:45PM +0100, Nick Phillips wrote:
> Besides, it was probably the ignorant Brits on the committee that decided
> on the codes that insisted that they didn't like "UK" :(

Well, UK is rather improper for a country code, because that is an acronym
for a generic term. Same with US. Yeah, I know that everybody knows which
kingdom or states they refer to, but it still feels wrong...

http://www.everything2.com/?node=Avoid%20Ethnocentrism

(How off-topic can I get? :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.