Re: nautilus witout ximian in woody [was Re: nautilus1.0 in woody...]

H Ethan, hi *

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 02:30:15PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:

|> I did a next try yesterday. I deinstalled all ximian-packages by dpkg -l |
|> grep ximian, and deinstalled all shwon packages wth apt-get.
|> Then I reinstalled gnome:
|> first I tried it with : apt-get install task-gnome-desktop, but I got this:

|did you also purge all the helix packages? most are still using the
|helix tag in the version number.

I did, but this is now, what dpkg -l shows:

gromitt:~# dpkg -l | grep ximian
gromitt:~# dpkg -l | grep helix
ii  libpopt0       1.5-helix2     lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii  libunicode0    0.4.0-helix3   The GNOME Unicode library.
ii  xchat-common   1.4.3-helix1   Common files for X-Chat
gromitt:~#

There are no ximian- packages and these three helix- packages are installed
by "apt-get install task-gnome-desktop task-gnome-apps".

So I uncoment the line from my sources.list...
#Nautilus
#deb http://people.debian.org/~kitame/gnome/snapshot ./

so my gnome- pakages will be installed from
#Binaries from woody
deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

#Sourcen from Sid
deb-src ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

and apt isn't able to find nautilus in woody. Sawfish isn't there,too, but
sawmill is very old, hwhy, is there a big problem?

Gnome-pilot and gnome-pim-conduits aren't in woody, too, which I need for my
palm, but I do not installed these packages yet.

For nautilus, I have downloaded the sources yesterday from sid, but I when I
build it, I must know, what are the dependencies and whether it is possible
to install sid/nautilus.

Jan

|--

--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"