Re: Bidirectional gating of Debian mailing lists through news.nic.it?

begin quoting Adam McKenna <adam@debian.org>:
> I am personally not a fan of having my e-mail address plastered all over
> USENET.  I receive a good deal of spam at the address I use to post to this
> list -- now I know why.  Maybe the person who gates this list to USENET could
> do something to obfuscate the e-mail addresses of posters.

At the moment it _is_ spreaded all over the Usenet. The question I
asked was about a bidirectional gating, the unidirectional gating is
already active.

The two biggest German newsserver, news.t-online.de (T-Online is the
biggest ISP in Germany, when counting the customers) and
news.cis.dfn.de (A public-access (with registering) newsserver
partially sponsored by the German government) have the linux.*
hierarchy.

I for myself post with my real address on newsgroups. In de.*, faked
email addresses are a no-no, and most providers enforce email
addresses that can be replied to.

--
"Gesetze können nur abstrakt gefaßt sein. Wenn sie auf einen konkreten
Sachverhalt angewandt werden, müssen sie ausgelegt werden. Dabei irren sich