Re: Bidirectional gating of Debian mailing lists through news.nic.it?

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 07:37:45AM +0000, Remco Rijnders wrote:
> If the idea is to gate everything from a widely spread usenet
> hierarchy to the debian lists, then I am not sure if that would be a
> wise idea. The number of spam incidents will probably increase. Also,
> it makes the "You can spam us if you pay us" rule that exists on the
> debian lists no longer enforcable.
>
> My $.02 :)

I am personally not a fan of having my e-mail address plastered all over
USENET.  I receive a good deal of spam at the address I use to post to this
list -- now I know why.  Maybe the person who gates this list to USENET could
do something to obfuscate the e-mail addresses of posters.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>