Re: Bidirectional gating of Debian mailing lists through news.nic.it?

In article <[🔎] 20010214024021.O11837@flounder.net>, Adam McKenna wrote:
> I am personally not a fan of having my e-mail address plastered all
> over USENET. I receive a good deal of spam at the address I use to
> post to this list -- now I know why. Maybe the person who gates this
> list to USENET could do something to obfuscate the e-mail addresses
> of posters.

I doubt if this particular news <--> mail gateway is to be contributed
for the spam you receive. As described before it seems to be a group
with a quite limited distribution.

Personally I find it more likely that the email address might be
harvested from one of the many websites that archive mail to this
list.

--
PGP: 0x4CE578BF ICQ: 760542 | Linux winter 2.4.1 is up 6 days, 19:45
http://uss-centauris.org/   | Reporter: Mr Gandhi, what do you think of