Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

** On Jan 13, Marcus Brinkmann scribbled:
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 10:04:19AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > I'm just saying we don't need to dish
> > out accounts and email addresses like candy at a house on halloween.
>
> People concerned about that could try to convince the rest of us that new
> maintainers should only get their key added to the keyring initially, and
> email addresses and accounts are only given for some "good reason".
>
> I foretell that we would not get less applicants even with this restriction.
> The main interest of people applying is to upload packages, not getting
> yet-another-email-address.
Don't forget about people who want the "another address" (or rather an
account) to actually use it for some purpose - like compiling stuff on
architectures/distros they don't have. In my opinion this is the main reason
for having the account.

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 The magic of our first love is our ignorance that it can ever end.   --
 Benjamin Disraeli