Re: Offline mail reader for several lists

    Matt> I don't think that rsync will work for this, at least not
    Matt> with a single mailbox file.  Something would have to keep
    Matt> track of deleted messages, and delete them on the server.
    Matt> You could hack something up if, rather than deleting
    Matt> messages, you saved them to a 'deleted' folder, which would
    Matt> be processed when you went back online (by deleting the
    Matt> messages on the server, and flushing the mailbox).

If you have single-message-per-file, then the --delete option rsync
will take care of this for you (assuming you have permission to
actually delete on the target machine).

If you have multiple-message-per-file then rsync will handle this
regardless.

I currently keep Gnus on my laptop and my desktop in sync this way.

--
Stephen

"So.. if she weighs the same as a duck.. she's made of wood."  "And
therefore?"  "A witch!"