Re: Offline mail reader for several lists

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 11:58:14AM +0100, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
> Ah, finally someone who understands what I mean. Must be my English that is
> a bit contorted so that only German speaking people get the full meaning ;-)

:-)

> It needn't be the mail reader, it could be a separate "Folder synchronizer"
> program as well. I tend to change things like Mail readers and Window
> managers only once every two years :-)

Folder synchronisation is easy, I'd use rsync for this.

> > I know StarOffice can
> That is interesting. How does it do that?

It keeps a local copy around. CTRL-Y syncs the active mailboxes.

> ?? How do you sync a maildir with imap?

No. I sync ~/Maildir where my IMAP server reads the mail from. Since I run
the same IMAP server on both machines all I have to do is make sure that
both directories have the same data in them.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De