Re: Offline mail reader for several lists

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 03:45:18PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Try fetchmail.
I know fetchmail, but can't see how it will help.

I could maybe (tips how?) use fetchmail to check all folders to which
procmail delivers mail and forward the new ones home, deleting them on the
work machine. But at home I may want to delete (most of) the new messages,
keep a few in the different folders, maybe even administer my folders at
home, moving a few messages around and then write back the changes to the
folders to my work machine.

What I currently plan to do is:

To get new mail:

---- Go online
- Change the procmail recipe on my work machine to deliver all mail to
  $HOME/single-folder
  single folder outside of the usual maildir
- use rsync, copying $HOME/mail to my home machine
---- Go offline

Now use mutt at home, reading new mail, organizing folders just if I were at
work. When I finish:

---- Go online
- use rsync, copying $HOME/mail from my home machine back to my work machine
- Change the procmail recipe back to the original, delivering to folders
  in $HOME/mail
- run formail -s procmail < $HOME/single-folder to sort mail that came
  in while I was offline to the usual folders
---- Go offline

Nils

--
*New* *New* *New*    - on shellac records
   Windows HE        - see top 10 reasons to downgrade on