Re: Offline mail reader for several lists

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:21:58AM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I don't think POP3 is what he's looking for. He needs an IMAP4 server and an
> offline capable mail client.
Ah, finally someone who understands what I mean. Must be my English that is
a bit contorted so that only German speaking people get the full meaning ;-)

> Since sending mail is a matter of your sendmail/postfix/exim setup it simply
> comes down to "which mail reader is capable of synchronising with imap4
> while on-line and can give you full access to the cached boxes while
> off-line"?
Yes.

It needn't be the mail reader, it could be a separate "Folder synchronizer"
program as well. I tend to change things like Mail readers and Window
managers only once every two years :-)

> I know StarOffice can
That is interesting. How does it do that?

> In fact I'd be very interested
> in this too. Not having time to look up all mail clients I worked around
> this by installing an IMAP4 server on my home machine as well, so I only
> have to sync the Maildir.
?? How do you sync a maildir with imap?

Nils

--
*New* *New* *New*    - on shellac records
   Windows HE        - see top 10 reasons to downgrade on