Re: [humourous interjection] Re: long term goals of debian membership

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 01:58:15PM +1100, JB wrote:
> Here here Ben.
>
> Without unions employers would screw their workers with long working hours
> and low wages (or no wages). Stuff the employers, they are alright. The
> "little man" in the street needs someone to fight for him, and a union of
> workers is one way to do it.
>
> Unions are absolutely essential!

That's funny. The place where I worked under a union would only allow
overtime pay if it was approved, otherwise you still had to work overtime,
but at normal pay. Plus I had to work holiday's and some night shift.

All of the places I worked where there was no union have great benfits. In
fact the place I work for now allows me to telecommute, with very flexible
hours. Plus they pay my mileage when I do have to go into the office! You
tell me, how are non-union companies screwing folks?