Re: [humourous interjection] Re: long term goals of debian membership

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 10:52:43AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> Ben Collins wrote:
> >

> > > Major premise: 60 men can do a task 60 times as fast as one man.
> > > Minor premise: A man can dig a post hole in 60 seconds.
> > >
> > > Conclusion: 60 men can dig one post hole in one second. ;)
> > >

> > Conclusion2: 60 men can dig 60 holes in 60 seconds.
> >
> > That conclusion is absolutely inccorrect aswell, since now you have:
> >
> > - which man is going to dig which hole?
> > - who will verify the holes were dug correctly?
> > - who will go back and redo these bad holes?
> > - who is going to handle changes in the 'hole digging procedure', and how
> >   will the 60 men find out about it?
> > - who will make up the supervisiors that make sure these questions are
> >   answered, and do you allow the 60 men to also help decide? Or do you
> >   make them unequals to the supervisors?
> > - how long till the union takes control of your work force, causes
> >   increased wages, and stuffs progress with endless strikes and "required
> >   breaks" plus benefits?
> >
> > :)
> >

> I guess the union would want to dictate who is *allowed* to dig a whole.
>
> No union ticket, then go dig your hole elsewhere.

I find it remarkable the people are so quick to dismiss unions as
impediments to all that is right and good.  What did you do with your
weekend?  If you didn't spend it working 12 hour days, you really
should think twice before making these comments.

	sam th
	sam@uchicago.edu
	http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
	GnuPG Key: