Re: long term goals of debian membership

[Vain attempt to move to -project]

On Dec 03, Brian Mays wrote:
> Take dpkg, for instance.  We don't let just anybody work on that code.  It
> is far too important to trust to just anybody.  Ian Jackson was careful to
> guard it against tampering by unqualified hands, and he was correct to do
> so.

And the codebase stagnated for years until finally Wichert and a few
others had to fork it...

But your general point is well-taken.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> -  http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager (Physics & Astronomy, 125 Lewis, 662-915-5765)
Instructor, POL 101      (Political Science, 208 Deupree, 662-915-5949)