Re: Dissatisfied w/Debian? Make something 'pure'.

According to Joseph Carter:
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 11:49:07PM -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > Not if the DSFG were changed.  Redefining terms ("free") is a powerful
> > tool of propaganda ... for good and for bad.
>
> Slippery slope fallacy.

Slippery slope, yes.  Fallacy?  Remains to be seen.

> You're accusing me (by stereotype) of a position I do not hold.

I wasn't thinking of you when I was writing.  I can't help it if you
see yourself in a description of unnamed third parties.

> > The DSFG is, essentially, an arbitrary standard.  It's a *good*
> > arbitrary standard, I think.  But can you really expect it to stand
> > without challenge once it is the only obstacle to making the Debian
> > project more, more, ever more ideologically pure?  I can't.
>
> Good gods will you STOP already?

The GR isn't dead yet.  ("I'm not dead yet!  I'm feeling better!")
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>