Re: First Test Cycle starts today

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 12:18:20AM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> But I don't think it's fair to criticise him for the removal.  He
> didn't know you had a patch ready.  And if you don't think the bug
> merits package removal, you're supposed to downgrade the bug -- that's
> your call.

The bug report contained info that the problem had been fixed and that a
patch would be available on Monday.  He wasn't able to (he has all of his
epic stuff at work and does it when his job duties permit) but got it to
me first thing this morning.

My complaint was and is that there was no announcement that these packages
would be pulled if not fixed in even as little as 24 hours.  It was a
notice that they had been pulled and everyone else had 4 hours to fix
whatever they wanted to fix.

<Knghtbrd> Feanor - license issues are important.  If we don't watch our
           arses now, someone's gonna come up and bite us later...