Re: First Test Cycle starts today

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 03:49:24PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:

> The package was uploaded late by a whole 12 hours.

We've got to have deadlines, somewhere.

Dark picked a date.  It was pre-advertised. When the testing cycle
started, dark had to remove all RC bug packages from frozen, and he
chose to do this, on the advertised day, at a time convenient to him.

You think epic is a special case, in the light of the severity of the
bug, or the simplicity of the fix?  No problem.  Plead with dark to
have the package put back, and I'm sure he'll think about it (he
indicated willingness to put the buggy version back, if you didn't
think the bug was truly release critical).

But I don't think it's fair to criticise him for the removal.  He
didn't know you had a patch ready.  And if you don't think the bug
merits package removal, you're supposed to downgrade the bug -- that's
your call.

And I'm certainly not convinced all the shouting is justified ;-)

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable