Re: First Test Cycle starts today

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> We've got to have deadlines, somewhere.

Agreed.  We need to get potato out the door.

> It was pre-advertised.

Jules, could you please indulge me by finding the announcement in
debian-devel-announce, because I can't seem to find it in my copies of
the messages of the last month and a half, nor in the web archive.  I
see the lists of RC bugs and such, so I looked at those, and didn't
see any material announcing the test cycle there either.

Actually, don't bother, it's a leading question---the test cycle
_wasn't announced there_.

Now, I'm not affected by the test cycle in the least (don't use epic,
didn't have any RC bugs on packages), but it disturbs me---actually,
it kind of pisses me off, but I know shouting won't do any good---that
last time packages were removed and people whined (and I was one of
them, and I acknowledge that it was whining, because we were clearly
wrong) about not being told, those of us whining were told, "You
should have been reading debian-devel-announce, like it says in the
Developer's Reference".

But this time around, that wasn't used for making the announcement.

Is that appropriate?

Mike.