Re: mail spool

>>>>> "jrfern" == jrfern  <jrfern@bigfoot.com> writes:

    jrfern> mean)? Why should Maildirs be off-policy, just because
    jrfern> qmail is non-free? There's been lively discussion in

I didn't think Maildir was off-topic...

However, as I have posted this to debian-devel, as I think this
message is more relevant here.

Anyway, there are heaps of programs that support it now. I can't
think of any program that doesn't.

There is now a newer standard(???), Maildir++, used by courier-imap.
This standard allows for things like quotas and nested folders. This
is done without breaking backward compatibility in anyway.
 --
Brian May <bam@debian.org>