Re: RBL report..

On 29-Mar-00, 07:16 (CST), Alexander Koch <efraim@argh.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 March 2000 01:57:45 -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > I'm not the only person here who thinks so.  Make Debian use all the
> > blacklists you want.  You'll find users and developers dropping like
> > flies.
>
> If everything else fails, this is the best argument to bring
> up, really. Tell me why I should listen to you. It's the way
> of argueing and (probably) not shouting and what not.
>
> You are making a fool of yourself for bringing up this
> argument, but that is just me.

A. swbell has frequent problems with their mail-servers, both inbound
(POP) and outbound (SMTP). I don't know (or care) what OS they run.

B. When I got my DSL line, swbell was the *only* ISP possibile in
houston.

C. Even though it's now possible to get other ISPs, it would roughly
double my current ISP bill.

D. DUL is discrimination, pure and simple. If Debian chooses to add a
warning header based on it (so that those who choose to can filter),
that's fine. If Debian starts to reject list mail based on DUL, I'd
strongly consider leaving the project.

Joseph's arguments, while occasionally strident, are not foolish. I
find it interesting that his opponents devolve into name calling and
obscenity.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read