Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> writes:

> I believe it's mostly a perceptional issue.  The existence of an Official
> Debian system (be it whatever it is) seems to imply that there are less
> worthy Debian systems.  Likewise, a  Debian CD would not seem as good
> as an Official Debian CD.  Of course he understands the reasoning and
> the history behind the Official CD thing, but intellect seldom overrides
> perception, unfortunately.

Infomagic (and others) made their own Debian CDs historically, and many
times they didn't work.  So you'd buy their CD and it was broken, which
made Debian look totally stupid.  So there is no implication involved -
unofficial CDs seem to suck in at least some cases - even widely distributed
unofficial CDs.  I've never had problems with an "official" CD, so I'd say
the unofficial ones I've used _are_ less worthy than the official images.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |