Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

Montreal Wed Mar 10 16:54:10 1999

Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> wrote:
> Now, have any of the issues been fixed?  Was it a package problem?  policy?
> heaven forbid, user? (-:

Well, one of the examples I can recall right now is that when you
purge ae a directory is left behind (/etc/ae/?).  I never filed a bug
report on that one (it was a while ago) and my system is not up to
date so the bug may or may not have been fixed.  I was also told that
running crud would find many similar instances (unverified but I don't
doubt it).

I can only vaguely recall the other complaints (something about
"required" packages being a joke?  or something about completely
useless and obsolete packages cluttering the cds?) so I can't really
phrase them adequately right now.

-N.