Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

*- On 10 Mar, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote about "freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)"
> On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 10:36:37PM -0500, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
>> How about unofficial.debian.org?
>
> Please, no.

Agreed, this would like Debian has nothing to do with it.

> My vote is for freedom-subtracted.debian.org :-)

I don't think the archive should be split on different servers, that
would just be a royal pain to keep track of and a logistics nightmare
for the ftp admins.  Why not just change the hirarchy of the archives to
something like the following that would clearly separate the main dfsg
free archive from the non-dfsg free archive:

dists/
	potato/
		main/
			binary-{$arch}
			disk-{$arch}
			upgrade-*
			source
		non-dfsg/
			contrib/
				binary-{$arch}
				source
			non-free/
				binary-{$arch}
				source

Of course apt would have to be updated to handle the change. For a while
soft links could be put in for contrib and non-free to point to the new
locations.

If a separate server is the solution then why not the obvious choice of:

non-dfsg.debian.org

--
Brian
							   - unknown